Please note that information provided is for information purposes only and not a specific recommendation or endorsement. ESF and West Island School are not necessarily affiliated, linked or associated with any of the below individuals and/or its subsidiaries. Responsibility for selection resides with each parent or guardian. We urge you to carefully research and evaluate before making a final decision.
Most Recent Internship Opportunities
1. Talos Foundation (www.talos-foundation.org) - The problems of lack of awareness and lack of inclusion creates a more destructive cycle of stress and mental health problems for people with special needs and their caregivers and an unemployed or underemployed population of people with special needs, leading to greater costs to governments and society as a whole. The Talos Foundation seeks to help eliminate these problems through awareness and inclusion.
Summer Internship Job Description
You will have the opportunity to work flexibly on a wide range of projects supporting the growth of Talos Foundation.
- Answer email enquiries on product availability, locations and placement
- Answer email enquiries on corporate training and sponsorships
- Draft Powerpoint pitch decks for corporate training
- Post social media announcements and content to Facebook, Instagram and Linked In
- Coordinate and sometimes handle deliveries/pickup of products
- Coordinate photo shoot and using photos to create content
- Assist with design work in PowerPoint decks and social media
- Assist with design work with respect to website aesthetics
- Assist with design work on our products for people with special needs
- Research Grant opportunities for foundation
- Research and develop training content for corporate and community training
- Ability to work flexibly from a workspace in Cyberport as needed, though preferably remotely at home or around Hong Kong (as our workspace is very small)
- Access to stable internet, a computer and phone
- Fluent English skills (having another language is always a plus!)
- Driven to help neurodiverse people and/or people with different abilities
- Strong working knowledge of microsoft and/or google drive products
- Strong understanding of social media (posting, what looks good/doesn’t look good)
- Ability to use Canva
- Good eye for design
- Ability to work independently
If this sounds like a summer job you’re interested in, please contact Talos Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org
PUMA in Hong Kong is offering a 2-week internship program for students. These would allow students to experience different departments such as Sourcing Strategy & Projects, Apparel Development, IT, Finance, while keeping a focus on our sourcing world, proving that studies do not always have to be strictly theoretical!
Business case challenge- From school to business!
Students will participate in business case challenge from the teams for their 2-week working experience.
In forming a group of two, students will experience the development & production, the lifecycle of the department and the preparations of “before product”. Converting their experiences into a case study and presenting it to our business leaders at the end of the internship program.
A great experience to apply their strategic decisions, processes, and resolve issues specific to the department they were assigned to.
A maximum of 6 students can do an internship for two weeks at PUMA during the summer period - 2022
Internship Dates - 18 July 2022 to 29 July 2022
For more details please contact Vicky Leung at email@example.com
3. Conspiracy Chocolate
Conspiracy Chocolate is a start-up. Students will have an opportunity to work across departments. Last year they gravitated towards marketing, biz strategy, finance, and operations. We will always need help in these areas as well as some research, design work, social media, and writing. We will also allow interns to participate in the production as a fun bonus, assuming they'd enjoy making chocolate.
Considering we are a start-up, we will not spoon-feed work or put interns in protected silos. They will need to be proactive, understand Conspiracy Chocolate's mission, and take on work they find interesting within it. Being a growing company, there are big changes every day so be prepared to tackle challenges. They will be spending their time with the CEO, COO, and the team and work directly on our key projects. there are big opportunities to learn, especially about how a company *actually* operates, as it's possible to see the big picture. For those who choose to apply, please do so with an open mind and readiness to do work because you're choosing to, rather than being told to.
Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden
We have a strong and established volunteer program and welcome applications from students aged 16+. We have lots of different types of work available, but this would especially suit students looking to gain experience with the care, conservation, and/or scientific study of plants and animals.
Please see our website for more details:
Flora Conservation Volunteer - https://kfbg.org/en/volunteer/flora-conservation-volunteer/
Fauna Conservation Volunteer - Fauna Conservation Volunteer | Volunteer::Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden